Friday, January 5, 2007

Bye Bye Banners!

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts, Answer Bitch from E! Online, and heard their discussion about fan sites of celebrities getting shut down because the advertisements on their webpages were generating revenue. Since you can't use a person's image for profit without their consent, the websites were in violation of legal doctrine.

Similarly, I don't want for anyone to claim that I used some bit of information/picture for my own profit from the banners on this blog. Therefore, I'm deleting the GoogleAds from this site and will never put ads from other sources.

Moreover, I feel like I shouldn't be pressured (even if its a minute influence) to write for profit. Since Blogger! is free, there are no overhead costs that I need to cover with ad revenue.

That is all.

No comments: