Saturday, December 30, 2006

Graduate School Survival Guide

Thanks to Ronald T. Azuma for putting together this informative and humorous survival guide for graduate school. I won't copy and paste his entire guide (not sure if thats even legal, much less ethical), but if his website ever goes down just let me know and I can post it here since I have a saved copy on my computer.

Graduate School Survival Guide

I think there are some points to garner from reading this. First, that you should be really sure about your decision to pursue a PhD (MD or not). Second, to know that academia is fraught with politics, so organization, communication, and planning are vital to your success. Take a tip from your business buddies and learn about networking early on in your career - those contacts will be useful in the long run! Third, be sure to show initiative.

No comments: