Monday, November 27, 2006

Book Report: Justification

Although a few of the more seasoned physicians (and scientists) might scoff at my excitement and anticipation at starting in a long, long MSTP program, I'll go ahead an admit that I'm riding a high at this point in my life. The great beyond on the horizon of my career beckons and all I can do now is look forward for things to actually start. As I wrote before, I have some time on my hands and like to take my mind off my research for a while. Among the things I plan on doing in the next six months before school starts is a great deal of reading. Right now, my mind is pretty interested in finding out more just what the hell I signed up for when I went around telling everyone I wanted to be a doctor. Obviously, I've had a lot of experience before applying to med school, but now that this sucker is actually going down, I want to know more about the road ahead.

So, I've picked up a number of books on what it means to be a doctor. Most of them are recommended reads for people interested in medicine. Every once in a while, when I actually finish reading one of these books, I'll write a brief description about it in posts titled "Book Report" (original, I know). If you're not interested, just skip these posts and continue to think I'm an idiot. We'll see how long this keeps up, or for that matter, how long I can keep at this blog without moving on to something else - as often happens with the wandering mind that god stuck me with. Here it goes...

No comments: