Saturday, November 25, 2006

A blog primer

Writing has never been my strong point - one of the reasons I'm writing this blog is to get better at composing my thoughts and articulating the main points. Expect for there to be lots of spelling errors, cursing, repeated phrases, and lines of thought that seem to go nowhere. I'm hoping that the posts will eventually improve, but we'll see.

Some you will "get" my sense of humor, others won't. I can be pretty cynical at times, but I think its just being objective. I tend to look at things a little differently than most people, something that I'll talk more about later. I'm very opinionated and willing to speak my mind - expect more than a few posts on politics and policy. You should also note that everything on here is just an opinion and not fact. Feel free to disagree or share your own thoughts. If you have something that would be worth posting on this blog (experience or insight), send it to me. Of course, I would reference the source (like a good scientist).

I'm going to start off anonymous, just because its one of those things that I could change my mind later to no effect, whereas its hard to go back once I've gone public with my identity. I'm hoping that it will allow me to be a little more open with my comments and that I won't piss off anyone.

You can also thank me for not using a dark background on this blog with white text. After reading a half dozen other blogs and having my retinas feel like they are on fire, I promised myself that I wouldn't punish the reader by having to suffer though that. [Blog entries are created in a normal text box with black text on a white background, I think alot of bloggers forget that their end product comes out so hard to read].

No comments: